Started A Year Ago

I do not have a fancy film camera or use great film, an old Nikon N6006 and Kodak BW400CN film are what I use, but I really do love shooting film. It helps me slow down my mind and really think about what I want to remember. These 22 exposures are from 2 rolls that I shot over the last year - the other 26 were duplicate/similar shots, out of focus, didn't develop correctly or just plain sucked. The first was taken November 9, 2009 and the last being taken just yesterday. When I grow up, I plan on having a fancy film camera and using great film. Until then, I'll keep doing what I do. All shots were taken with a 50mm f/1.8 or 28-75mm f/2.8.
A little about these shots - My friend Nancy debating if a tattoo was the right choice....Love that lady. A Santa Fe museum roof line on a cold winter day. Java Joe's tea selection, my milk and Marcus smiling and waiting for his breakfast.
The next 9 shots are from the Dia de los Muertos parade from Sunday. That Grandma was eyeballing me as I walked up on her right and swiveled her head as I walked by. She knew I was trying to get her pic and glared. Shot from my hip and kinda like what I got. 
The last 8 shots are what I took to waste the film so I could see my DDLM shots and actually holds my favorite from the 2 rolls. The first of these was a mistake and is my favorite. The shots of the car and bicyclist was taken as I drove while sticking the camera out the window and snapping - the accidental angle makes it for me.
Thanks & Enjoy






























5 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Marc. I like them all, but the shot of Nancy is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should scan some of my film prints from college. Ever done any darkroom work? I love the darkroom. My ex & I had one back in the 90's-- we'd go out and shoot concerts and then develop the film in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm, I need to shoot more film!
    Great shots, Marc, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, you got that glare bad from her! All these are great for a great many reasons Marc. But mostly they say lots about your eye and your heart.

    ReplyDelete