People I Didn't Know

About 6 months ago I had a dream that I found a Leica at the flea market for $7.00....every other month since then we have went in hopes of landing a shark. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that caught my interest. 

Today I did find a shoebox full of old photographs that immediately got my attention. There were some super cool images in the box of 60 or so and the owner wanted .50cents a piece. He took $8.00 for the whole box. I have collected old snapshots for a little while now but by far these are the best I have found.....Not sure who took some of these but I do love em - especially the portrait of the blonde lady looking out the window with great window light and the one of the gentleman and two ladies in wool coats.

Here are some of my favorites and who they are.....collecting snapshots of people I don't know is kinda weird but that's me :)

James Isaac
Donald Smith at Mack Ranch
Maude & Oliver Goodman
Mr. & Mrs. Ed Bill & Emma Jane
Unknown
Frank, Etta, Ollie, Lula & Bessie Kepple
Ed, Bessie & Ada Bill
Ollie & George Burruss & Family
Unknown Alcoholic & Wife :)
Donald Smith
Bessie Bill
Leland Smith
Clara Kepple Smith 1888
Aunt Annie Kenyon
Lam & Harriett Ritter













                                           

6 comments:

  1. What a great find, Marc! I love old photographs too, they grab my curiosity~~what are the stories beind them? I love the car in the snow; the boy with the tractor, the one with the shadow of the photographer in it. Beautiful pieces :) Carm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this pretty intriguing. Recently I have wondered what will happen to my photos after I am gone, especially since we don't have any children to pass them onto. Will they simply just vanish? Would my cousins kids want them? Would they care?

    In the last year I have gotten my hands on several boxes of old family photos and have been scanning them and emailing them out to the rest of the family. They seem to enjoy looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, but I LOOOOVVVEE the third one down. The old couple with glasses...for some reason it reminds me of my parents....

    If you should give that to me for my birthday, I would not protest. jk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmela - thank you

    Dan - what a task....bet they are glad you are doing it. Have a kiddo - they will enjoy em.

    Josette - if you would like it - it is yours. BTW - i contacted oneup - still no returned call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Josette... I think the older couple is a hoot!
    I love the old photos.... great post Marc

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's up with the guy holding the whiskey bottle over the old lady. is that his mom? is she in her pajamas? what's in the cup she's sipping on?

    ReplyDelete