My First Time

My first paid gig was on March 18, 2008. It was for Chris Sandoval, owner of Artisans Of The Desert. Chris is a local fine furniture designer and wood craftsman. He needed some images for a website for the business and I had been recommended to him by FosterMilo - the folks building the site.

As it was my first time shooting for money, I was kinda nervous. When I shoot for pay, I am expecting the client to demand a high quality product and I want to supply them that. I was in-and-out of there in less than 30 minutes and realized I worried for no reason - Chris was great and did everything as I asked of him. Since then, I have come to understand that when you are behind a camera you have control like no other time in your life....you can tell a person to move here or move there, tilt your this way or that way, smile a little less or a little more and they will do it.

I no longer get nervous but was a little frustrated on my last shoot when I thought my camera had malfunctioned and said the "F" word in church - with the priest standing behind me. Forgive me Father for I have sinned.




5 comments:

  1. Sinner!
    But we love you...
    ....handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! AH! I'm dying over here! Great story. Hmmm. Marc, all in all, you create some of the most beautiful photo images I've seen. They are all heart. And that's a quality money just can't buy. That's why the good in this world is increased, because you create space for beauty to exist. It's meaningful to me. There's seems to be a prejudice against beauty in many ways, like it can't be trusted somehow. But here, again, you present evidence in favor of total aliveness. Dude, your work is so zen. Thank you :) Carm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great great photos. They capture the essence of what being a true wood craftsman is about...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not fair to choose favorites here. A person should be shot! BUT I especially relish the first and the sixth. Each image sings!
    Carm.

    ReplyDelete