What I Wanted To Be When I Was Younger....and What I Still Sometimes Want To Be

On Saturday, Julie, Grammy, Marcus and I went to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. "Abstractions" was the exhibit currently being shown. As we wondered around, Marcus expressed to me that he wants "flowers to look like flowers and pears to look like pears" - I thought to myself that I couldn't think any more differently. I do not want my pears looking like pears or my flowers looking like flowers and I especially do not want my buildings looking like buildings. I became involved with photography indirectly through Architecture. The photographs in the books I read were too gorgeous to forget - I had to find out how to make something look so alive and I am still trying to figure that out but having a great time trying....Straight lines and square windows are for losers.

7 comments:

  1. Your architectural work is amazing, and VERY inspiring, Marc. Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc!!! I frickin LOVE the images that come through you and your equipment. The joy you feel for architecture manifests beautifully in every shot. Man. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (forgot to sign my name :^) Carmela, here & up there. Enjoying popping in here to see what you're doing. LOVE this blog! Thank you for sharing!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots... and wonderful creativity on your part... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously frickin' hate you! :-P

    ReplyDelete